The purpose of the District’s official social media sites is to encourage courteous communication with the public.
Comments will not be edited by staff but may be deleted if found to be in violation of this policy. Repeat violators will be banned.
Posts (including screen names/images) that contain any of the following shall not be allowed:
• Comments that are personal attacks of any kind.
• Comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation or disability status.
• Comments intended to defame anyone or any organization.
• Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
• Comments that are solicitations or advertisements.
• Comments that are off‐ topic or spam‐like.
• Comments that are obscene, indecent or profane.
• Comments that contain material that is protected by copyright or trademark.
• Comments that promote or oppose any person campaigning for election to a political office.
Disclaimer: Comments on this page do not constitute legal or official notice to the District or any of its employees, for any purpose.
East Flagler Mosquito Control District is not liable for the content of comments posted to any social media site and reserves the right to restrict or remove any content deemed in violation of this social media policy or any applicable law.
This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
Under Florida law, all content on any District social media site is subject to the public records law, Chapter 119, Florida Statutes. Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from employees and officials regarding business are considered public records available to the public and media upon request. Any communication made through social networking websites may be subject to public disclosure. For public records requests please contact public records officer at email@example.com